Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tormented - (Scorpio Stinger MC book #4) - by Jani Kay

                                        TORMENTED: Jani Kay (Scorpio Stinger MC Book 4)

Can there be redemption for a man with a tortured soul and a twisted heart?

Harrison:
Hell bent on revenge, anger and hatred taint my soul.
Only rage and vengeance keep me alive. Nothing else matters.
There is no room for love. No room for relationships or a family of my own to distract me.
I’m damaged and beyond redemption.

Until I meet my arch enemy’s sister. She's off limits, but despite my best intentions, I just can’t get the dark haired beauty out of my mind.

Can Eva tame the beast and make me human again? Can she help me find redemption?
Perhaps HELL is the only place for a man like me.

Eva:
Harrison. Dark. Broody.
Twisted and tortured. Definitely tormented.
A beast?

Maybe he is, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting him. On some deep level we connect—I see past the damaged outer into his very soul. Can I be the one to crack through his hardened shell and thaw his heart to bring out the real man he’s hiding even from himself?

Is there redemption for a man like Harrison Summers?
Or will he drag me straight into hell with him?

Book #4 in the Scorpio Stinger MC Series

Recommended READING ORDER:
#0.5 Ryder Prequel
#1 Two Worlds Colliding
#2 Unchain My Heart
#2.5 A Biker Christmas
#3 Gods & Monsters
#4 Tormented

Warning:
For Mature Audience 18+
Contains Adult Sexual Situations & Language
Some incidents are graphically portrayed and may be triggers for some readers.



MY REVIEW

Torment can be read as a standalone but its best to read the series in order..

Even though Torment is part of a MC series, the two main characters are not directly involved with the MC club, therefore the MC club is not the main focus of this book..

This is Harrison and Eva's Story...

Harrison is a cop, who lost his partner and unborn child a few years ago. He is now on a revenge mission to take down all bad guys and is always putting himself in danger.
He hates bikers and also hates that his sister is in love with Ryder the VP of the MC club he has been trying to take down.. he is lost, so angry and living life just merely existing..

Then he meets Eva (Ryder's sister), she is a strong independent woman, who was engaged to a senator and had a wonderful life that is until he cheats on her..
Devastated she finds herself falling for the broken Harrison, but his issues are keeping them from being together.. but Eva can see the man underneath all the hurt and pain and believes he is worth fighting for,, so she makes it her mission to break down the walls he has built up around his heart and give him all the love he deserves.
Harrison hates that the women he is falling for is his enemy's sister..

Harrison is the kind of guy you will love or hate, he is just really messed up but Eva has the power to heal this broken man .. if only he would let her in.

I love that this book was in multiple P.O.V so we get to see what each character is thinking and feeling..

The sex scenes were HOT as hell , full of kinky stuff.. OH BOY DOES JANI KNOW HOW TO WRITE SEX...

Torment was a great read , at times I would of preferred more story than sex,, and also i would of liked to see Ryder put up more of a fight to stop Harrison from being with Eva (more of the protective big brother)also i would of liked to see more of the MC club.. but these things in no way make the book any less than awesome..

Jani is by far one of the best MC writers .. she writes books that evoke every kind of emotion from her readers, her characters and stories feel so real its like you know them and are living right along with them .. 

I recently met Jani at a book signing in York and she is a really lovely person :) I cant wait to see what she comes up with next from the Scorpio Stinger MC Club......xoxo faye

Purchase links
AMAZON
GOODREADS

No comments: