Sunday 27 September 2015

The Air He Breathes - Elements book 1 - by Brittainy C. Cherry

                                                           The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.


Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.

MY REVIEW

Firstly I want to say WOW what a awesome book cover, I think is what drew me to this book and made me want to read it.  its now my favourite book cover, I need to know this models name so I cam do some Facebook stalking on him :)

Ok back to the book.....
I loved it plain and simple ... I have never read another book like it. At the moment there a lot of books around with very similar story lines / plots / character's. But no The Air He Breathes is a one of a kind and so well written.. this author is very talented and I cant wait to read more from her and this series.
The Air He Breathes has all the feels, there were many laugh out loud moments when I was laughing so hard I had my cheeks were aching ... for me that is a very rare thing. This was also a really heart breaking story about loss, pain, learning to live and also love again.

I adore nearly all the character's except maybe one!!! (no spoiler)
Elizabeth is the female heroin, she is broken... I loved how strong she was and how much she loved, protected and adored her daughter Emma. She has gone through a real soul/heart breaking loss and is trying to learn how to keep living without the love of her life ,, her soul mate..
Tristan is the hero, he is also broken and dealing with the same as Lizzy. He is no longer living he is only existing and has stopped talking to him family and people who love him, basically he just wants to be alone. He is so angry at the world for taking not only the love of his life but also his son,, how can he live when everyone he loved is gone.

While reading this book I cried a lot, it was so, so sad and really hurt my heart to think what they were going through... its the kind of book that stays with you long after you have turned the last page.
Lizzy and Tristan begin to use each other to replace the one they have lost, but they are playing a dangerous game that's like a time bomb waiting to go off, it can only end up shattering their hearts and breaking them all over again..

If they want to live and love again they both have to learn to deal with their problems and accept what they could have together and not feel guilty for falling in love with each other when their wife/husband are gone..

An amazing 5* read ,, I wish I could give it 100* ,, this is now my favourite standalone at the minute and it a book I will definitely re-read regularly ... to the author WELL DONE on this mazing novel it really has left a stamp on my heart ... I cant wait to read more, keep the awesome books coming... faye xoxo

LINKS
Amazon UK
Good Reads

No comments: