Wednesday 20 April 2016

My Review of Imperfect Harmony


Title ~ Imperfect Harmony 
Author ~ Jay Northcote
Genre ~ m/m Romance
Heat ~ 4/5 ~ HOT 
HEA ~ Yes 
Rating ~ 4/5*

Blurb
Imperfect harmony can still be beautiful…

John Fletcher, a former musician, is stuck in limbo after losing his long-term partner two years ago. He’s shut himself off from everything that reminds him of what he’s lost. When his neighbour persuades him to join the local community choir, John rediscovers his love of music and finds a reason to start living again.

Rhys Callington, the talented and charismatic choir leader, captures John’s attention from the first moment they meet. He appears to be the polar opposite of John: young, vibrant, and full of life. But Rhys has darkness in his own past that is holding him back from following his dreams.

Despite the nineteen-year age gap, the two men grow close and a fragile relationship blossoms. Ghosts of the past and insecurities about the future threaten their newfound happiness. If they’re going to 
harmonise in life and love as they do in their music, they’ll need to start following the same score.


My Review
I am still kinda new to m/m books, but I can confirm I have really fallen in love with this amazing genre

I have previously read a maybe 1 or 2 books by this author and really enjoyed them, so I was excited to dive into Imperfect Harmony

Imperfect Harmony is a really sweet story of two very different guys on a bumpy ride to find their second chance of life 

 I usually prefer my books with a lot of drama and lots of hot steamy sex/sexual 
tension.. And this book didn't let me down

 Imperfect harmony has a nice amount of sex and plenty of sexual buildup.. 
The plot is a kinda sad one,, it really tugs at your heart and at times I could feel myself tearing up 
But it's not all sex and sadness... Imperfect Harmony is a story of 2 really great guys learning to live and love again

I LOVED the characters...
We meet John who is grieving the loss of his long time partner and now just recently dealing with the death of a parent 
We also meet Rhys, who is also grieving the loss of his first love from a awful incident 
John is a big, rugged 40+ tough guy
And Rhys is a 20+ slim, slightly neardy cute guy
On the outside they are total opposites... But they have a lot more in common than the first thought

From the moment they meet there is instant connection... They are both kinda broken, they are just surviving and not really living
They start getting to know each other and slowly open themselves up to the fact that they could be have a chance at a happy ever after together,,, if only they can get over the many obstacles that stand in the way

I highly recommend this book to all m/m readers enjoy beautiful love story's.. And second chance at love plots

I also want to add ~ | How Awesome Is The Book Cover? It Is Totally How I picture 
Rhys| 

I love Jay's writing style, and have enjoyed every book I have read so far... I can't wait to see what this author releases next 

A Beautiful 4* Read

LINKS





No comments: